THE FIRST OF 2019

October 20, 2019




The only reason I want to keep on writing is because I am afraid that someday I forget a lesson I’ve learned from my previous mistake or the joyful feeling I get after keep on fighting a long tiring struggle. However, I realized that I’ve been losing my habit. I don't take care of my  blog, don’t bring a journal anymore, and skip taking a note when hearing a sermon. So here I am, trying to recall all the main things I need to keep going.

As I look back to the early of this year until today, I think I have walked from one season to another season. But, it is kind of ‘no turning back, honey’ journey. The thing is, it brings me to a change to another change and as I am writing this I realize one major thing that there is nothing as constant as a change.

Once, I was a uni student with the thought of having an exam week was the most complicated issue. But on the other month, I started my first day of working in a law firm but I decided to quit in several months later. Once I was a jobless and the other day became my first day in another firm.

Once, I was going to the office, waved my hand to say goodbye to my father. On the evening, I came back knowing he has gone, forever.

When I was in uni, I had all night long to talk about anything I wanted with my friends. They were just literally one call or one knock away. But during our transition phase today, to arrange our time to have a meeting for 2 hours in a month is seriously hard.

The change is not only about a new status or a new circumstance. The hardest part about it is the consequences that come along with it. Plus sometimes, it requires us to get out of the comfort zone.

I have to deal with the fact that I shall start learning to earn my own money and be responsible for my own needs – or even take care of someone else’s. Knowing that I am not a little girl who can depend anything to my parents or sisters anymore is kinda slapping me hard. I see the world is so big (and harsh) but I have to stand on my own feet.

Above may just be one of many examples. Many changes bring many new facts that some parts of our lives cannot be the same again and it brings us to a new stage of life. Regardless we like it or not, different stage of life needs different kind of us. There will be a moment where we need to learn on how to live with something new or without something old. Whichever it may be, our worlds keep revolving and a change will always happen everyday, no matter how small or big it is.

I don’t know what kind of new season you’re entering at the moment. I know it may be hard, not because I have overcome it but because I wear that shoe too, we all do. But hard doesn’t mean unbearable, right? I hope we are all equipped with all the strength and wisdom we need at that phase. 

See you in a bit!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us